Tier 1 (Business Visa)

Innovator Visa

The UK Innovator Visa was created in April 2019, replacing the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. The Innovator Visa route is designed for experienced businesspeople who seek to start a business in the UK. Applicants need a minimum of £50,000 to invest in the business, and their business proposal must be endorsed by an endorsing body.

The Innovator Visa lasts for three years and can be extended for a further three years. In some cases, Innovator Visa holders will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain status after just three years of lawful residency in the UK.

UK Innovator Visa Eligibility:

Anyone who wishes to start a business in the UK under an Innovator Visa will need to meet certain requirements.

To be eligible for the Innovator Visa, you must:

  • Be from outside the EEA and Switzerland
  • Be at least 18-years-old
  • Have at least £50,000 to invest if you want set up a new business
  • Have a business idea which has been endorsed by an approved body. (The endorsement must not have been withdrawn prior to the Home Office’s consideration of the application)
  • Meet the English language requirement
  • Meet certain personal financial requirements
  • Multiple applicants can apply for endorsement to be co-directors of the same company, but each applicant still needs to be able to demonstrate that they have £50,000 to invest.

Requirements for UK Innovator Visa:

    => Business Proposal:

Your business proposal will need to meet the following requirements:

  • Innovation: The applicant must be able to demonstrate that they have a genuine and original business plan which meets a new or existing market need, and will provide benefit to the British economy and workforce. (An applicant cannot join or invest in a business which is already trading)
  • Viability: The applicant needs to prove they have the necessary skills, knowledge and market awareness to successfully run the business
  • Scalability: The applicant will need to show that there is potential for job creation and growth

=> Innovator Visa Endorsing Bodies:

One of the key Innovator Visa requirements is to have your business idea approved by an endorsing body. Before you start your Innovator Visa application, you must have an endorsement letter from an approved endorsement body.

Endorsement bodies review the applicant’s business proposal and determine whether it meets the three key business proposal requirements, as mentioned above.

If the endorsement body approves the business proposal, an endorsement letter will be written and sent to the Home Office, with detailed information about the applicant and their business proposal.

Endorsing bodies must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of supporting UK entrepreneurs (unless a new organization is set up by another body which has its own proven track record).

The endorsing body must explain in the letter whether they are providing the investment funds, or whether the applicant has the investment funds available to them and is ready to invest in the business (or has already done so).

  • UK Start-up Visa:

                                                   The Start-Up Visa was designed to support talented overseas individuals to develop their idea for a business in the UK. It is not a requirement to be a graduate or to have available funds in order to apply for this visa.

The category is for businesses in an early stage of development that can demonstrate high potential. It is permissible for individuals to have already set up their business, but it should not have commenced trading yet (with some exceptions).

It is important to note that old Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa has been replaced by the Start-up Visa and the Innovator Visa routes.

The visa can only be issued once and cannot be extended. However, it may be possible for eligible individuals to switch to the Innovator Visa category at the end of the term of the two-year visa.

As a high-value visa, the time spent on this visa can be used towards permanent settlement in the UK (also known as indefinite leave to remain (ILR)). One of the primary requirements of the Start-Up Visa is that visa applicants must hold an endorsement from an approved endorsing body.

Another key requirement is that the idea must demonstrate innovation, viability, and scalability.

Tier 2 (Work Visa)
  • Skilled Worker Visa:

The Skilled Worker visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa. This permit allows eligible applicants to stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved sponsor/employer.

If you are a skilled worker and you want to enter UK to do a specialized job, you can seek the help of IAS immigration lawyers. Call us on:   051-5400139.

Skilled Worker Visa requirements:

 To qualify for a Skilled Worker Visa, you need to be sponsored by a UK- based employer, which is foremost and mandatory requirement for this visa category. Besides, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • You must be aged over 18 or over
  • You need a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for the job you are going to do
  • Your job is genuine vacancy
  • Your role is relevant and appropriate according to your vacancy
  • You will be paid salary which equals or exceeds the general salary threshold and the “going rate” for your occupation
  • Your sponsor has paid the required Immigration Skills Charge
  • You can demonstrate your English Language Proficiency (at least CEFR Level B1)
  • You can financially sustain yourself and your family, without relying on public funds
  • You can provide a criminal record certificate
  • You can provide a valid TB certificate (if needed)

  Job Eligibility:

 To be eligible for a Skilled Worker Visa, you should receive a job offer from a UK employer which must meet all the following requirements:

  • The job must be eligible for visa, under the new Skilled Worker Visa route, your role must be skilled to at least RQF level 3 (roughly equivalent to A-levels)
  • You must be paid the minimum salary or “going rate” for the type of work you will be doing. The minimum salary is at least £25,600 per year
  • Your employer must have been approved by the Home Office and hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship
  • You must hold an occupation code regarding your job occupation. If you have already received a job offer, you must ask your employer for your code As well as meeting the minimum salary threshold, you will also   need to meet other financial requirements. You must have cash funds of at least £1,270 available to survive while in the UK. This money must be held in your bank account for at least 28 consecutive days prior to your application.
  • Applying with your family:

Your partner and children can apply to join you in the UK provided that they are eligible as your dependents. You can include the following members of your family in your application:

  • Your husband or wife, civil partner, or unmarried partner
  • Your children under 18
  • Your children over 18 if they are already staying in the UK as your dependents and are not married
  • While submitting application, you must provide evidence of your relationship
Tier 4 (Student Visa)

Student Visa (Tier 4 General Visa):

If you want to study in the UK, you will need to apply for the Student Visa, usually the Tier 4 General Student Visa. Now, after the post-Brexit, both EEA nationals and non-EEA nationals will need to have an unconditional offer from a licensed sponsor/university to be eligible for the visa.

Those who graduate from an approved course in the UK will be able to remain in the country under the new Graduate Visa route for up to 2 years to live, work and look for work. PhD graduates will be able to do so for up to 3 years.

Eligibility for UK Student Visa (General):

If you are applying for a UK Student Visa, there are certain requirements which you must fulfil:

Student Visa requirements are as follows:

  • You must have received and unconditional offer letter of study from an approved sponsoring educational institution
  • You must have received a Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) for studies from your sponsoring institution
  • You must score at least 70 points on the point-based system
  • You need to have the relevant academic qualifications needed to take the course and genuinely intend to study in the UK
  • You can financially support yourself in the UK (and any family members/dependents who will be joining you)

Meeting the 70-point criteria as a student:

Whilst the points-based immigration system might seem daunting apparently, it is actually relatively straight forward to meet the 70-point threshold. Ultimately, if you meet the main eligibility criteria, you will hit the 70-point threshold.

The point system work as follows:

  • 50 points: Receiving a Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS)
  • 10 points: Meeting the financial requirements
  • 10 points: Able to demonstrate your English language ability is at the level of B2 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for language

What is the English language requirement?

If you want to study in the UK, you must be able to demonstrate a certain level of  English language ability. Those studying below degree level need to prove a level of B1, whereas those studying at degree level or above must have B2 level.

Exemptions from English language requirement:

International students exempt from English language requirement if:

  • You have already studied a course in English at either undergraduate or postgraduate level at an approved educational provider
  • You have already proved the require level of English in another visa application
  • You are applying to come to the UK for a study abroad program as part of a university degree course in the USA
  • Also, the majority English speaking countries will not need to fulfil the English language requirements

Our services include:

  • ensuring you have adequate documentation for your application
  • confirming your prospective university/institution is eligible to act as your UK sponsor
  • contacting your Tier 4 Sponsor and liaising with them
  • arranging and securing CAS from your university
  • preparing a Letter of Representation to be submitted alongside your application. This letter details your case and refers to any relevant UK immigration laws to support your application
  • corresponding with the office until your application is complete
  • filling out and compiling the documents of your application form to the highest standard

Call us on 051-5400139 today to make an enquiry using our online form to  begin your journey towards study in the UK.

UK Settlement Visa

British Naturalization:
What is British Naturalization?

At its most basic level, British naturalization is the most commonly used route for people with foreign citizenship to apply to become a British citizen. If you are successfully settled and become naturalized as a full British national, you’ll gain the same rights as anyone born here. You’ll be able to live and work in the UK freely, without any hassle or being held subject to immigration control or immigration laws. For a lot of people coming to the UK with the intention of finally settling here as a British national, UK naturalization is an important final step in their immigration route.

In order to be eligible to apply for British naturalization, you’ll have to meet certain criteria:

  • Passing the Life in the UK test. which is an official government test set by the Home Office, in which you will have to prove your understanding of British culture, customs and tradition.
  • Proving that you have spoken and written proficiency in a recognized British language. This may include having to take an IELTS Language test to prove your proficiency.
  • Demonstrating you have ‘good character’. The clearest and obvious way to discern this is usually a criminal record. If you have a proven criminal record, you may be in danger of being perceived to not have ‘good character’ in your UK naturalization application.

What are the Requirements?

The full mandatory British naturalization eligibility requirements are the following:

  • You are aged 18 or over.
  • You are of sound mind. You must have full mental capacity.
  • You have lived in the UK for at least five years previously – this is why the naturalization process is often known as the ‘five-year route’.
  • You have not spent more than 450 days outside the UK during your five years of lawful residence in the country. This also includes having spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the 12 months leading up to your application.
  • You have lived in the UK for at least three years previously if you are married to a full British national, and have not spent more than 270 days outside the UK during your lawful residence in the UK.
  • You have held the right of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) for at least 1 year before beginning your naturalization application process
  • You have not been in breach of any UK immigration rules previously.
  • You are of ‘good character’.
  • You meet the necessary English language requirements. Most often, this will mean showing evidence of meeting the B1 CEFR English requirement
  • Indefinite Leave to Remain:

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a form of settlement available to overseas nationals.

Typically, you must have spent at least five years in the UK before you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, though in certain circumstances you can apply after three years of residence in the UK, or even two.

Many different types of immigration visas can lead to ILR including Spouse Visas, Innovator Visas and the Skilled Worker Visa.

Indefinite Leave to Remain enables a person to live in the UK without any restrictions, and is the first step towards naturalization and full citizenship.

UK Spouse Visa

What is a UK Spouse Visa?

A UK Spouse Visa is for non-UK residents aged 18 or over who are engaged, married to, or has a proposed civil partner who is aged over 18 living in the UK. It is a type of settlement visa known as the UK partner visa.

The qualifying criteria vary depending on your partner’s situation. You need to apply for a UK Partner Visa if you are coming to the UK to join your partner or spouse from outside the European Economic Area.

If you hold a Spouse Visa in UK, you have the right to work like all British citizens. However, you cannot claim most benefits, such as public funds, housing allowance or tax credits.

Who can apply for a Spouse Visa?

You can apply for a UK Spouse Visa if you are:

  • Aged 18 years or over
  • Married or in a civil partnership that is recognized by the UK
  • Married to a British citizen or UK settled person
  • You have been living together in a relationship for the past 2 years and you can prove it
  • You are engaged, or you hold a fiancé and will get married within 6 months of being in the UK

British citizens can send the leave to remain forms on their partner’s behalf as long as they are eligible. You must list their name and information as the applicant’s details.